Monday, January 28

Not So Manly....Ryan Whitman


Ryan Whitman, of Portland Oregon is serving a 4 year term in jail. For what you might ask? Try for using a 100,000 volt stun gun on his 18 month old son. Called a Dragon Fire, it is stronger than the tasers used by police officers.

I must express how non-man this is and how stupid this person must be. The article talks of how Whitman wanted his son to grow up to be the toughest cage fighter ever. How he wanted to make his son tougher. He was said to have used it on his son at least twice last year.

The boy is recovering from heart damage and leg muscle damage. Whitman was convicted and is serving a four year stint. His case was that his wife had told him he would be sorry and the next thing he knew he was in handcuffs.

Okay, I don't know what to say here. This guy must be either out of his mind to think that simply tasing your child will make them successful in anything. Well, I might argue that the child might grow up to hold a different sense of violence which might make him mentally obligated to prove himself as strong or thick skinned. I would hardly call that successful in most aspects of life, unless he grows to be a mobster or assassin. Which are only cool in movies and sometimes on Sundays after church.

But seriously, it would only do harm for everyone involved. I guess I just don't see the logic in it. Why not start pre-elementary training with the kid. See if you can teach small actions instead of negative crap.

I have two boys and honestly I can't wait for them to start showing interest in wrestling with me. I currently wrestle with my one and a half year old and he just laughs. Not cries. I cry sometimes, but that's besides the point.

Bottom line, four years just isn't enough. Check out the vid here

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/01/28/tan.or.toddler.stun.gun.katu

Thoughts?

No comments: