Wednesday, May 7

Not So Manly....A-Rod?


So everyone knows that life has it's hard times. Ask Kalib Starnes. But as men, we take those times and turn them into either something to joke about or an unrecoverable memory. So when a guy doesn't grit his teeth and take the bull by the horns, he may look sort of how do you say.... girlie.

Well that is just what one of America's very own MVP's of the major leagues did. So here's the story.

A-freakin' Rod. Yep. Alex Rodriguez. Just doesn't have it in him to follow through with the end result of that eternity that is nine months of pregnancy. The end result of a cloudy evening filled with cocktails and lubricants. Obviously we are are talking about the long awaited delivery of the bag of bones that was once a microscopic olympic swimmer.

Well, I know all too well the discomfort of a hospital. The walls are painted a numbing off-yellow and they pump way too much oxygen into those almost windowless rooms. But. We MUST finish the job A-Rod.

So what happened?

Ol' Rodney ova hea figured he would try and weasel out of the birth of his first born. Haha. Good try...never works. His wife tells about the funny business in this Sports Illustrated article,

"As tough and big as he seems, he is real wimpy around doctors or any type of medical situation," Cynthia Rodriguez said, according to excerpts released Tuesday by YES. "I don't know why I thought the birth of our child would be different. In the middle of the night, I realized that I needed to go to the hospital. I wake him up. The first thing that comes out of his mouth, `Can we call your mother?"

Okay. That's not the main reason A-Rod deserves this month's "Not so manly" badge of dishonor. The damn yankee passed out during labor. Here's more from the article,

"The one nurse had a cold cloth on his head. The other nurse had the blood pressure on his arm. And my mother was like rubbing his back. And he is passed out on a couch. And I am there, in the middle of labor,"

Now I'm not gonna lie. I had a good minute of "holy crap" followed by three or four seconds of nausea during both of my boys' deliveries. But i'll be damned if I was gonna go down without a fight.

No comments: